Michael Zalle is the CEO & Founder of YellowBird, a tech platform that helps businesses fill their environmental, safety, and health roles. They pride themselves on making it easy to sign up as a professional or business owner. Michael has extensive tech experience in the safety, health, and environmental markets. He’s a serial entrepreneur who built and successfully exited multiple companies over the last 25 years. Being a disabled person himself, Michael is also a Certified (8a) Disability Owned Business Enterprise Founder.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Michael joins us to discuss what YellowBird is and the recruitment services they offer. He shares how he made his way into the insurance industry and how he didn’t let his disability get in the way of his dreams. He explains how YellowBird thrived during COVID-19, how they make sure their clients comply with OSHA, and the one hiring mistake that forced them to change their system. Michael also shares his thoughts on diversity and being a platform that acts on the problems detected by hundreds of insurance software.
What you’ll learn:
- The physical challenges that allowed Michael to develop in particular ways
- Not treating his disability as a burden
- Michael’s thoughts on diversity in the workplace
- What drew Michael to the insurance industry
- The challenges YellowBird solves
- How YellowBird ensures clients comply with OSHA
- Where the name YellowBird came from
- What it’s like to be a disability-owned organization
- How they got some tailwind during COVID-19
- The most challenging event their organization experienced
- Safety doesn’t sleep, so don’t hire people who might disappear when you need them the most.