Lorene Phillips is the Founder of Clarendon Wallace, a professional coaching service equipped with services for soft skill training for high performing professionals. She is an experienced Executive Coach with a long history of working in the insurance industry in Bermuda, London, and the United States. On top of leadership coaching, their company also provides etiquette coaching as well as stress management. Lorene is also a finance professional, having earned a BA in Economics from Acadia University.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Lorene joins us to discuss the importance of having a strong network of mentors as well as peers who can learn from you. She shares the challenges she encountered on her way to the top and the way she perceived these hurdles. She explains the origin story of Clarendon Wallace and the gap they intend to fill in the corporate world. She discusses the idea of being a Learn-It-All as opposed to being a Know-It-All. Lorene also describes how newcomers in the industry can jumpstart their careers through mentorship and networking.
“Build your network. Build it strategically, build it wide, and build it deep.”Lorene Phillips
What you’ll learn:
- The three types of challenges Lorene dealt with in her professional career.
- How Lorene viewed the challenges she faced in the industry.
- The economical effects the pandemic has had on Bermuda.
- What inspired Lorene to join the insurance industry.
- Why Lorene started Clarendon Wallace and how she came up with the name.
- How their company’s programs help those who feel burned out or stuck in their careers.
- Why coaching lets you talk about the important things in your life.
- What it means to be a learn-it-all and how it relates to networking.
- The importance of finding the right mentors and becoming a mentor to others.
- Coaching allows you to put aside time to create a lifeline for yourself.
- Setting aside time for your personal growth is important to help you take your career a step further.