Jonathan Matus is the Founder & CEO of Zendrive, an auto insurance company that integrates data analytics and AI, providing insurance solutions towards a future where driving and phone use are ubiquitous. He holds over 35 patents and contributed to today’s Android and the Facebook mobile app. As the leader of an insurtech company, Jonathan specializes in team building, human-centered design, and machine learning.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jonathan joins us to share how Zendrive revolutionizes how we look at driver safety through mobile sensor data. He discusses how the idea behind Zendrive came to life and the companies he worked for in the past. He explains the need to be mission-driven as a start-up company, especially when faced with adversity. Jonathan also describes how the future of autonomous transportation will have a strong focus on customized traffic and driver data.
“Driving behavior is going to be driven by sensors: quantifiable, and measurable.”Jonathan Matus
What you’ll learn:
- Why the pandemic made Jonathan relocate with his family
- Jonathan’s experience with working on the Android operating system
- Realizing Big Tech’s business is all about advertising
- The risks associated with smartphone usage
- Where the idea for Zendrive started and where it is today
- Being there for the mission as a start-up company
- Why autonomous vehicles can be fragile
- How Zendrive looks at the future of transportation
- The practical applications of Zendrive as an insurance model
- How AI becomes a game-changer in auto insurance
- 75% of individuals in the insurance industry are over the age of 60.
- Power has shifted from companies to consumers; from employer to candidate.